Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Did You Think To Pray?


A few weeks ago my son came down with a terrible case of croup. Now, we've dealt with croup several times, but this time was different. This time all of our usual "tricks" didn't work, or were a very short-term fix; within an hour our boy was once again coughing and wheezing, and was beginning to seriously struggle to breathe.

After the third time being woken up by an "attack", we finally decided to pack him up and get him to the ER. As I loaded him into the car, though, he suddenly began to panic and sobbed out, "My chest hurts!" Of course, adding crying to croup is not a good mix, and his already labored breathing instantly worsened. This was probably one of the most helpless moments of my life. I knew I couldn't do anything to help him, and I began to wonder if I should just call an ambulance for him. 

~~~Read the rest of the story over at Raising Rices where I am honored to share how God used this scary situation to teach me more about prayer ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment